lunes, 15 de noviembre de 2010

Who is Fortainbras? & Act 5



A tragedy, what is a tragedy?
A tragedy is when a story or a play ends with deaths. Hamlet is a tragedy, Getrude Ophelia, Claudius and Hamlet die in the end. What makes a story tragic is not that people die at the begining of the story but at the very end. Hamlet was poisoned and before de died he gave an advice to young Fortainbras the next King of Denmark "On Fortainbras; he has my dying voice. / So tell him, with th`ocurrents, more and less, / Which have solicitated -the rest is silence." ( V.II.393-395) He also wishes his story to be told and dies. Why would Hamlet want his story to be told? Was Shakespear foreshadowing something that could happen to Fortainbras?

Fortainbras, prince of Norway. Hamlet King killed Fortainbras King and took the land but, young Fortainbras wanted the land back. Later Young Fortainbras decided to help Hamlet get the throne back from Claudius. Eventhough Hamlet did not stayed with the land Claudius had taken young Fortainbras did "For me, with sorrow I embrace my fortune/ I have some rights of memory in this kingdom, / which now to claim my vantage doth invite me."

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario