jueves, 9 de septiembre de 2010

The Raven - Edgar Allan Poe

In The Raven the narrator is suffering a sorrow because he lost Lenore. Aparently a visitor comes; but, it is not an ordinary visitor, it is a raven. The narrator could be related to the raven because the raven represents lonliness. He also looks desperate by the way he starts telling the raven that it is evil.

What happened to the narrator it could be related with myself because sometimes I feel lonley since my parents are not comprehensive. That way I feel alone and despair; it makes me think non-senses. For example when the narrator started shouting to the raven "Prophet!' said I, `thing of evil! - prophet still, if bird or devil!" He looked mad. This happen when people have sad and depressing moments, he lost Lenore.

I wonder why did Poe elected a raven instead of a human or a "fictional" crature? I think that he might of chosen the raven because ravens are loners and are scary animals. The scenery matched with the story because it gave the reader a cold environment of a "lonley" graveyard.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario