miércoles, 9 de febrero de 2011

Poem Analysis

 November, Late in the Day



Lazyness is an issue that many people have. People are lazy for not doing their chores, wheather its homework, cooking, ect. In November, Late in the Day John M. Ridland narrates the afternoon of a lazy person. Ridland tells the issues people have with lazyness throughout this poem with a character.

He writes about many things that the reader might get identified with. For example when he says, "spoiled dog waiting to be fed. / Not now, dear warmth./ Too far to fetch. (Ridland 5-7). I am identified with that quote because I am too lazy to play with my dog. Sometimes I invent excuses so I don`t play with him. I`m also identified when the narrator says: "let`s make a wish/ and boil fresh water for the small teapot"(Ridland 14-15) because I want everything to be done for me. Ridland  is criticizing society because that is what everyone wants. However, it is something that will never be done.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario